Crunchy Vegetable Bake
This recipe is a nice twist to a holiday vegetable casserole, & it was found in the Nov 2008 bookbooklet, Taste of Home Thanksgiving!
- Ready In:
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (16 ounce) packages frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 2 (16 ounce) packages frozen corn, thawed
- 2 (8 ounce) cans sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1⁄2 cup butter flavored cracker, coarsely crushed
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, then grease a 13"x9" baking dish.
- In a large skillet, saute celery & onions in oil until tender, about 2-3 minutes, then stir in soup, sour cream, salt & pepper.
- Stir in beans, corn & water chestnuts, then transfer to prepared baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine crushed crackers, nuts & butter, then sprinkle this mixture over the vegetable mixture.
- Bake, uncovered for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION