Crunchy Oat Biscuits
If you like crunchy biscuits these are well worth a try. Always popular with my friends at the windmills. They are very easy to make but please ensure you space the mixture on the baking trays as advised below - they spread out significantly during cooking.
- Ready In:
- 85 g stone ground whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 85 g caster sugar
- 85 g rolled oats
- 85 g butter
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- Pre-heat oven to Cool (300°F, 150°C, gas mark 2).
- Cover 2 baking trays with silicon or parchment paper.
- Stir together the flour, bicarbonate of soda, oats and sugar.
- Over gentle heat, melt together the butter, syrup and milk.
- Pour the fluid into the flour mixture and mix well.
- Take rounded teaspoons of the resultant mix and roll in the hands to form a small ball.
- Place the balls of mixture 4 inches apart on the baking trays and slightly flatten the balls.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool on the trays for 2 to 3 minutes to allow the biscuits to become firm.
- Lift the biscuits off the lining paper with a fish-slice and place on wire trays to finish cooling.
- Once cool, place in an air-tight tin to keep the biscuits crunchy.