Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff
- Ready In:
- 7hrs 10mins
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans French onion soup
- 2 lbs stew meat
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- (I buy the stew meat already cut up and usually cut each in half for smaller bites).
- Spray Crock pot with non-stick cooking spray (I always do this for easy cleaning).
- Put all ingredients in crock pot and cook on low 6-7 hours.
- To thicken the sauce, in a small cup make a slurry with cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water.
- Whisk cornstarch mixture pour into sauce and stir, until sauce thickens.
- Serve over egg noodles or Rice.
- So easy - Yet So good!
Join The Conversation
I try to very rarely make "cream of" out of a can recipes but I knew I was in for a busy night and this was very simple. My boyfriend loved it, especially as he loves this kind of food and doesn't get it too often. I could not find french onion soup so I just used plain onion. I also added about three cloves of crushed garlic as a personal preference. I have been asked to make this again and it was tasty, although we will not have it often. I served with egg noodles, sour cream and salad on the side. Thanks for posting.
V I made this tonight because It looked really good. We were not disappointed, This is going to be my new beef stroganoff recipe. :) I couldn't keep our son out of the pot and the only problem I had was I didn't have enough :) well I did but no leftover's now so next time will double everything.. I did use two TB cornstarch and two TB water.. I highly recommend this recipe. 5 plus stars.. Thanks for a great recipe that will be made over and over..
I almost didn't try this recipe because it is so similar to other Crockpot Stroganoff or Beef & Noodle recipes that I've tried, and even though the other recipes were okay, none of them were anything that I'd ever bother to make again. I was short on time today, so I decided to give this one a try, and I'm glad I did. It was much better than other similar recipes that I've tried, and I think the cream of celery soup must be what makes the difference. I seasoned and browned the meat before adding it to the crockpot. When it was done cooking, I also stirred in a small amount of sour cream for extra creaminess, but it was good even before the sour cream was added. Overall, my family was happy with this recipe, and you can't beat how easy it is to put together. It's great for one of those days when you need to throw a meal together quick!