Crepes With Vanilla Cream Sauce (Bob Evans)
- Ready In:
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 3 whole eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
vanilla cream sauce for crepe filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature (soft)
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar (or to taste)
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream (a little thinner than pudding, add until it is thin enough to just drip)
- fresh fruit, of choice strawberries and bananas are good
- In a blender mix together the milk, eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour, sugar, salt and melted butter until well blended.
- Heat a crepe pan or a good non stick 8 " pan over medium heat until hot.
- Lightly coat with a tiny bit of olive oil.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter into the pan and tip pan to spread the batter evenly. When bubbles form on the top and the edges are dry, flip over and cook until lightly browned, it will have a lacy look.
- Place crepes on parchment papaer or wax paper to seperate each one.
- Fill crepes with the Vanilla Cream Sauce. Directions below --.
- VANILLA CREAM SAUCE DIRECTIONS.
- Mix all ingredients for Vanilla Cream Sauce together.
- Spoon into center of crepe and fold over seam side down.
- Top with fresh fruit of choice. I like to also drizzle a lil bit of the vanilla cream sauce on top to keep blueberries from rolling off the crepes!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I made mine with strawberries (inside and on top), we actually used a square skillet pan and it worked perfectly! My hubby did strawberries, bananas and chocolate sauce but only very little of the vanilla cream sauce. He doesn't usually like the vanilla sauce but said this was one of the better ones.... And I've had a lot! I love crepes!