Cream-Cheesy Macaroni and Cheese
photo by DeliciousAsItLooks
- Ready In:
- 1 lb elbow macaroni (or whatever you prefer)
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 cups milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese (reduced-fat OK)
- 16 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- breadcrumbs (optional)
- Spray a 9x13" glass casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Set aside.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, in a large pot.
- Drain, rinse, and return to the large pot.
- Set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the flour, and cook until bubbly (about a minute).
- Add the milk slowly, stirring after each addition and cook until slightly thickened.
- Add the cream cheese, again stirring until completely melted.
- Season with salt.
- Remove from heat.
- Carefully pour the cream cheese mixture over the pasta, stirring gently to combine.
- Add the shredded cheddar cheese, stirring to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish, top with bread crumbs if desired, and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Sugar Land, Texas. I love to try new recipes. My husband jokes that if he likes something, I never make it again for 6 months! My children are very picky, but do have their favorites that I try to include in our menu more often than every 6 months.