Cranberry Maple Nut Scones
photo by Kree
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄2 cups original Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Heat oven to 425ºF.
- Grease cookie sheet.
- Mix all ingredients except Maple Glaze until soft dough forms.
- Turn dough onto surface dusted with Bisquick; roll in Bisquick to coat.
- Shape into ball; knead 10 times.
- Pat dough into 8-inch circle on cookie sheet (if dough is sticky, dip fingers in Bisquick).
- Cut into 8 wedges but do not separate.
- Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until golden brown (I find I need at least 13 minutes in my oven or the insides are still gooey).
- Carefully separate wedges.
- To make glaze, beat all glaze ingredients until smooth.
- Drizzle scones with glaze.
- Serve warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a real estate agent in the lovely city of Rochester, New York. That's not what I expected to do with my life. I got my bachelor's in psychology, my masters in literacy education, and I taught high school special education for two years. Then I discovered that helping people find the homes of their dreams was my real passion. I've been doing it for over two years now and still absolutely love my career. Other than that, I have a very spoiled Border Collie mix named Bear that I adopted from a local shelter in spring '08. He's gorgeous and fun and brings me great joy. Now if only I could find a man like that... LOL!