Crackled Sugar Cookies
photo by Gohogsgirl
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease two baking sheets.
- Cream sugar and butter together until light.
- Beat in yolks and vanilla.
- Sift together the measured sifted flour, baking soda and cream of tartar then fold into the butter sugar mixture.
- Form dough into walnut size balls.
- Place 2" apart on the cookie sheets.
- Do not flatten.
- Bake for about 11 minutes until the tops are cracked and just turning color.
- Cool on cookie sheet 2 minutes.
These cookies are awesome!!! Made one batch for my daughter's gymnatics party and then turned around and made a second for here at home. Super easy and tastes good!! Dipped the faces of the cookies in red and white sugar crystals and baked mine an extra 2 - 3 minutes to brown slightly. Definitely will make these again. Thanks for the great recipe!!
Thanks to you this pregnant lady ate her weight in cookie dough yesterday. Those that did make it to the oven came out delicious! I subbed the cream of tartar/baking soda with 1 tsp of baking powder and 3/4 tsp soda as I had no tartar. Thanks for a nice recipe! I'll be making these again at Christmas
These are fabulous, not to mention easy! It was the prettiest dough I've ever made, and scooped up just like "buddah" with my small cookie scoop. I highly recommend these if you need something easy and tasty for a Christmas treat. I substituted 1 tsp baking powder and 3/4 tsp baking soda for the cream of tartar and soda listed. I looked at some substitution guidelines and prayed that it would work out, and it did! Try these, you'll like them.