Stupid Simple Sugar Cookies
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cream butter and sugar in bowl until fluffy.
- Add egg and mix until well blended.
- Mix in baking powder and extract.
- Add flour by 1/4 cup at a time. This makes mixing a lot easier, and is better if working with children. If batter is slightly too thin, add flour by teaspoonfuls until desired texture is attained.
- Drop cookies onto baking sheet by tablespoonfuls. These tend to spread out a lot, so it may be best to only put 6-8 on each baking sheet.
- Bake for 14-17 minutes or until lightly golden around the edges.
Join The Conversation
I added a few ingredients and it was delicious! I added 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder, instead if 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract I used 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract and 1/2 teaspoon of maple extract. Lastly I added 3/4 cup of chocolate chips. I would recommend putting chocolate chips as the last ingredient or they will crush
Good cookies but I altered the recipe quite a bit. I just needed the basic measurements and oven temp. I used this recipe because I only had 2 cups of flour. I used half white sugar and half brown sugar to make them chewier. I also added instant mocha coffee powder for flavoring. This recipe doesn’t have salt but I would advise adding it. I also changed the order of adding ingredients. Mixing all wet first and dry separate and then combining them. I baked them for around 9-10 minutes because my oven runs hot. Once out I gave them around 2 minutes to cool and then used a cookie stamp to create an imprint and press them down. I also created a simple icing out of icing sugar, honey, more of the mocha coffee powder and salt. (With water). I don’t use measurements when adding extras, and icing I mix by eye for desired thickness.