Country Club Eggs- a Great Make Ahead Breakfast Casserole
I've tried alot of breakfast casserole recipe but this is the one that my family loves and I always come back to. We always have this on Christmas morning and it's also good for a make ahead dinner on a busy week night. I usually serve this with fruit of some kind and either a sweet roll or coffee cake.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 slices firm white bread, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Brown sausage in skillet, stirring until browned and crumbled. Then drain.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9x13 casserole dish.
- Regfrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until center tests done.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
Well, the posted recipe has no mention of milk like there is in most breakfast casserole recipes--perhaps an oversight by the poster. Therefore, it was dry as the one reviewer said--not awful but not a keeper and I did add a 1/2 teaspoon of pepper. Based on what I am seeing elsewhere, the next attempt at this will be to use 2 cups of milk and only 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar. I'm betting that will work.