Spicy Sausage, Mushroom, and Swiss Breakfast Casserole
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1 lb spicy sausage (Jimmy Dean)
- 2 1⁄2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups swiss cheese, shredded
- 6 cups French bread, cubed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Brown sausage in a skillet. Drain fat and set aside. Saute onions and mushrooms in butter until onion is tender. Mix in browned sausage.
- Place bread in a 9x13 pan. Layer sausage mixture then cheese over the bread.
- Mix eggs, milk, sourcream, salt and pepper.
- Pour evenly over cheese. Cover and refrigerate 6-24 hours.
- In the morning bake uncovered for 50-60 minutes at 325* or until lighly browned and egg is set.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am the wife of my wonderful husband John and the mother of 3 boys, Zander 5yrs, Asher 2 1/2yrs, and Tiernan 10 months. We live in and love Alaska. I love to hike and camp and go running in the mountains. I work part time as a hairstylist in a little salon in my home. I also enjoy scrap-booking, photography, and reading a really good book(my latest was Twilight by Stephenie Meyer). And I love to cook, especially bake! How I rate recipes: 5 Stars - This recipe is perfect. I would recommend it to others and would definitely make again. 4 Stars - This recipe was good but I would change something in it next time. 3 Stars - This is a recipe I would not make again, but it was ok. 2 Stars - I would not make this recipe again and we didn't like it at all. 1 Star - This recipe did not work out or the taste was unappealing and I wouldn't make it again.