Frozen Potato Breakfast Casserole
photo by AZPARZYCH
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1 (28 ounce) bag O'Brien potatoes
- 1 lb bacon, fried and crumbled
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Spray 9 x 13 pan with Pam.
- Prepare potatoes as directed.
- While preparing potatoes, fry, cool, and crumble bacon -- or use the pre-cooked "real" bacon from Costco in the "cold section".
- Spread potatoes in pan.
- Beat the eggs with the milk, then pour over potatoes.
- Top with cheddar cheese.
- Scatter the crumbled bacon over the top of the cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 approx 50-60 minutes.
- Check often and if getting browner than you like, just cover with foil.
Definite keeper! We always had cinnamon rolls for christmas morning, it was tradition, but after my dad was diabetic, there came a point when that just wasnt an option anymore. So I set out to find something everyone would like, was diabetic friendly, but fed us and was super easy to make. When I came upon this recipe, I though, perfect! I made it the day before, had it in the fridge ready to go, and while we opened presents breakfast baked in the oven! It smelled good, it taste good, it was a hit, even for my picky ol'diabetic dad, lol!
OMG, THIS IS SO GOOD!!! I cannot believe this has been here for 2 years without a review. It is so simple to make and has very basic ingredients and comes out so flavorful. We have breakfast for dinner on Thursday's and DH said I can make it every week if I wanted! Or I can make it a New Year's Day breakfast tradition (his b-day)! I will be making this often I am sure of it! Made for My-3-Chefs Nov 2009.