Croissant Breakfast Casserole
photo by iamafoodblog
- Ready In:
- Split croissants in half and place bottoms cut side up in one layer in a rectangular casserole.
- Melt butter in a fry pan.
- Saute mushrooms and green onion until tender and liquid has evaporated.
- Set aside.
- Beat together eggs and milk.
- Pour half over croissants, layer mushroom mixture and cheeses on top, then pour over remaining liquid.
- Position croissant tops over the bottoms, cut side down.
- Let stand over night in the refrigerator.
- Bake at 350*F for 25 to 30 minutes or until set.
- Cover with foil if browns too quickly.
Yummo, Yummo, Yummo and Oh so Good as they would say. This is the best breakfast casserole that I have so far made. It is wonderful plain and also dressed up. I have made this with crab meat, shrimp, just to name a few. My husband who is a fussy person went for seconds and that is saying much. Thank you for such a wonderful and delicious recipe.
So good and such a wonderful way to use up odds and ends from the fridge! I used crimini mushrooms and a brown onion minced very fine then caramelized. I also added some chopped roasted red pepper and diced honey ham. (They were FAT little sammies!) I used a combo of extra sharp cheddar and ementaler (which absolutely made the dish for me!!) and added some mustard and a dash of cayenne to the egg mixture. I can see endless possibilities for this! Thanks Tasty!
Since I found this recipe, I've made it 5 or 6 times and am getting ready to prepare it for a Teacher Appreciation day at school. I've gotten nothing but raves every time I make it and it's a great vegetarian breakfast casserole option. I feel like I"m eating at Panera's when I make and serve this casserole!