photo by jessymroberts
- Ready In:
- Heat oven to 450.
- Cut butter into flour, cornmeal, baking powder, sugar, and salt with pastry blender until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Stir in milk until dough leaves side of bowl (dough will be soft and sticky).
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface.
- Knead lightly 10 times.
- Roll or pat 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut with floured 2 1/2" round cutter.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet about 1 inch apart for crusty sides, touching for soft sides.
- Sprinkle cornmeal lightly over biscuits.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from cookie sheet immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to try new recipes, and this is a wonderful site to find new additions. I rarely make the same thing twice because it's so much fun to try something different. My life long dream is to travel the world and eat my way around it.