Cornmeal Cheddar Biscuits
photo by KGCOOK
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar (optional)
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup milk
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- Cut in butter until mixture is coarse and crumbly.
- Stir in cheese and milk just until moistened.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 2 inches apart onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with butter.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
There's nothing that I enjoy more than simple, TASTY recipes that only require ingredients I have on hand but still turn out fantastic! I made these for http://kittencalskitchen.com/forum/index.php?topic=2339.msg44408;topicseen#msg44408 to go with cold gazpacho soup and they smelled amazing and tasted even better, if that's possible! Superb recipe find!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p> </p> <p> </p> <p> </p> <p><img src=http://www.caymandesigns.com/foodothers/fallswap.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Stockingswap.jpg alt= /> <img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <img src=http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/SaltPepperSwap.jpg alt= /> <br />[IMG]http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj294/QueenBee49444/ZaarCasseroleDishes.jpg[/IMG] <br /><a href=http://www.millionhitcounters.com/><img src=http://www.millionhitcounters.com/counters/v/55940 border=0 alt=Hit Counters /></a></p>