Cornmeal Bacon Biscuits
Great substitute for biscuits. Cornmeal and bacon give these crispy bites both texture and flavor.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup solid shortening
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 slices bacon, crumbled
- 1 cup milk (may not need all)
- Stir together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Melt shortening and butter together and add to flour mixture.
- Stir in crumbled bacon and add milk gradually.
- (Consistency needs to be just thick enough to spoon out easily) Drop batter from tablespoon onto vegetable oil sprayed baking sheets.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION