Lovely!! make it as hot as you like. I made this during the winter and substituted frozen defrosted corn for the fresh, turned out great!
- Ready In:
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 3⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated skim milk
- 4 cups corn, cut from cob (about 8 ears)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- red bell pepper, sliced into rings (optional)
- green bell pepper, sliced into rings (optional)
- Coat a large frypan with cooking spray, and place over medium heat until hot.
- Add onion and cook 1 minute, add bell peppers and cook 1 minute or until crisp tender.
- Add flour and next 4 ingredients, cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add milk, and bring to boil, stirring constantly, cook 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Add corn and eggs to bell pepper mixture, stirring well.
- Spoon mixture into a 2 quart casserole coated with cooking spray, bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until browned and centre is set.
- Garnish with bell pepper rings.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
We liked this a lot, Derf! So low-cal & low-fat, but tasty w/just the right spice mix for us. I made a half recipe for 2 of us using frozen corn, red onion & a mix of red & green bell peppers ... then served it last nite for dinner w/Tex-Mex wings. This morning for breakfast, I spooned some of the remains into 8-in flour tortillas & added grated cheddar cheese + bacon slices for a yummy burrito breakfast. :-) Thx for sharing this recipe w/us.Reply