I think everyone has their own 'corn pudding' recipe. This is mine, it's been adapted from a recipe I saw years ago in the Taste of Home magazine. It is a family favorite and a Holiday staple in our house.
- Ready In:
- 1 medium onion
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 2 eggs
- salt & pepper
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package cornbread mix, i use the 'jiffy' one
- 1 medium jalapeno, chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- In a skillet saute onion in butter, until onion is tender, set aside.
- In bowl, beat eggs; add sour cream, both cans of corn and seasonings.
- Add bread mix and stir until blended.
- Fold in sauted onions, jalapeno and 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheese.
- Transfer to 3 qt baking dish.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool slightly and serve warm!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION