Corn Dog Nachos
photo by Jonathan Melendez
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 lb shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 32 ounces corn, dogs (frozen, miniature)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb Italian sausage, removed from the casing
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- 1 jalapeno, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro leaf
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the flour until completely combined, then slowly whisk in the milk until smooth. Bring to a simmer and cook until starting to thicken, about 3-4 minutes. Slowly whisk in 8 ounces of shredded cheese until completely melted. Season with chili powder, granulated garlic, salt and pepper. Keep warm over low heat.
- Spread the mini corn dogs in an even layer on a baking sheet and bake for 15-18 minutes, flipping once.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Brown sausage, breaking into pieces, until golden and cooked through, about 5-8 minutes. Remove corn dogs from the oven and top with 4 ounces shredded cheese, then spoon over cooked sausage. Top with another 4 ounces of cheese and return to the oven to bake until cheeses are melted, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with pico de gallo, jalapeno slices, sour cream and cilantro leaves.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!