MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more, at room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups dark brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups finely-chopped semisweet chocolate (12 oz)
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Lightly butter a 9- by 13-inch glass baking dish, reserving butter wrapper.
- Set aside.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Set aside.
- Using a wooden spoon, beat butter and sugar in a medium bowl until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add vanilla and eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add sifted flour mixture, and mix until just combined.
- Add chopped nuts and chocolate, and mix to combine.
- Place the dough in the prepared baking dish.
- Using the reserved butter wrapper, spread dough evenly.
- Bake until golden brown and a cake tester comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Remove to rack to cool slightly before cutting, about 20 minutes.
- Using a serrated knife, cut into 18 (2 1/4- by 3-inch) bars.
- Store in an airtight container up to 3 days.
- This recipe yields 18 two-and-one-quarter-inch bars.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Excellent bars Mean Chef (as all of your other recipes!). This is similar to a chocolate chip cookie but shaped in a bar. I added some butterscotch chips in with the chocolate. Mine only took 25 minutes to bake in my air-convection oven. They were delicious! Thank you for sharing another winner!...Kittencal:)Reply
see 3 more