Coffee Chocolate Waffles
These coffee chocolate waffles are the perfect sweet treat for any time, from breakfast to dessert. Adapted from the Chew on ABC.
- Ready In:
- 1 (1/8 ounce) packet instant coffee (I use Taster's Choice decaf)
- 1⁄3 cup hot water
- 2 cups baking mix (Bisquick)
- 1⁄3 cup miniature chocolate chip
- 1 cup whole milk (or soymilk)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup miniature chocolate chip (to garnish) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200*F.
- Preheat waffle maker; grease with oil or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine coffee packet and 1/3 cup hot water, stirring until coffee dissolves.
- Add baking mix, chocolate morsels, milk, egg, and oil.
- Whisk together until well combined.
- Cook, in batches, according to manufacturer's instructions. (Instructions and times may vary) .
- Carefully remove waffles from waffle iron, and keep warm in oven.
- Serve with syrup.
- Garnish with chocolate morsels, if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Great waffles!!! I, too, used the Tasters instant coffee but only made 1/2 of the recipe. I thought the chips worked well in the waffles, as they weren't sweet so they added a little sweetness. I just spread them with some butter and sprinkled some powdered sugar for a wonderful breakfast. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for PRMR Tag Game.