Chocolate Orange Pastries
photo by KerfuffleUponWincle
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 3 ounces low-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel recommended, at room temperature)
- 2 -3 teaspoons orange zest (optional)
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts (such as Pillsbury Ready Roll, at room temperature)
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade
- 1 dash salt
- 1 egg (separated)
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, orange marmalade, egg yolk, and orange zest until well blended.
- Unroll the pie crust on a work surface. Cut the pie crusts into 32 circles using a 2 1/2" fluted cookie cutter.
- Spread about two teaspoons of the cream cheese mixture over half the pastry circles, leaving a void about 1/4" from the edges.
- Top the cream cheese with 8-10 mini chocolate chips.
- Top each pastry circle with another pastry circle. Crimp the edges with a fork.
- Brush beaten egg white over the pastries. Sprinkle each pastry with a bit of sugar.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the pastries are a light golden brown.
- Remove pastries from the baking sheet and place on a cooling rack. Cool for at least 15 minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!