Chocolate Marshmallow Pie
This easy no-bake pie is my mom's favorite dessert. My grandma taught me how to make it for her.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 23 large marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 pint whipping cream (or 8 oz. Cool Whip)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 dash salt
- 3 chocolate candy bars, shaved and divided
- 1 graham cracker crust (store bought works well)
- Melt marshmallows in milk in double boiler.
- When it is smooth, remove and cool.
- Whip cream until very stiff (or start with Cool Whip).
- Add salt and vanilla.
- Fold the whipped cream/Cool Whip into marshmallow mixture.
- Add shaved chocolate, reserving 2 tablespoons of chocolate for top of pie.
- Place mixture in pie crust and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- This pie is very good for several days in the refrigerator if kept covered.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
My favorite dessert from 1950's. My mother made this pie for special occasions using grated chocolate after marshmallow mixture cools and whipped cream is added. We used homemade graham cracker crust with melted butter and sugar. This dessert is elegant yet fairly easy to make, light and absolutely scrumptious!