Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Pie
I got this recipe in the mail sometime ago. I haven't tried it even though it is right up my alley.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate syrup
- 1⁄3 cup chocolate chips, semisweet
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 quart chocolate chip ice cream, softened
- butter a 8-ince pie plate.
- in a small mirowave-safe bowl mix chocolate syrup and chocolate chips microwave on high until hot around (40 seconds) mixture should be smooth. set aside 1/4 cup of mixture.
- mix the remaining chocolate mixture and cereal in a medium mixing bowl you are coating the cereal with chocolate. press the mixture over bottom and sides of the pie plate. freeze until firm this should take around 10-15 minutes.
- now combine the chocolate you set aside and the sour cream in a small bowl and mix well. Now on the pie crust spread 1/2 the ice cream in the pie pan. now drizzle about 1/2 the sour cream mixture onto it. top the rest of the ice cream on it and drizzle the remaining sour cream mixture onto it. freeze pie until firm. This should take about an hour.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Excellent. Easy to make...couple steps but SO simple and no bake, too!! (I don't consider microwaving baking lol.) Tasted SCRUMPTIOUS! The chocolate/sour cream mix was more "globby" for me as well...but who cares...taste was the same. (Did I mention it was SCRUMPTIOUS??!?) The mixture could easily be put into a squirt bottle for application if you want something "prettier." Thanks for the great recipe! Definitely a keeper.Reply
I made this last night. The chocolate I added to the cereal was a little warm, which caused the krispies to taste a little stale. Also, when I mixed the sour cream and chocolate, I couldn't drizzle it. I had to glob it on top. I added some chocolate syrup in a glob pattern on top as well so the colors contrasted well. This was very easy and I loved the fact it was a no-bake dessert (well, minus the 90 seconds in the microwave).Reply