Chinese Duck Stir-Fry
- Ready In:
- 1 duck breast
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 7 ounces egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 red chili pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- fresh ginger, cut into thin strips (1in piece)
- 6 baby carrots, peeled and cut into strips
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
- 3 scallions, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 ounce cilantro, leaves and stalks finely chopped
- Score the skin of the duck breast and place skin-side down in a cold frying pan. Set over a medium heat and fry gently until the skin has browned. Turn the breast over and drizzle the honey over the skin.
- When the duck breast has cooked through, take off the heat and leave to rest for 5 minutes. Cut into thin slices.
- Cook the noodles following the instructions on the packet.
- Heat the olive oil and sesame oil in a wok or frying pan. Add the chili, garlic, ginger, carrots, peppers and scallions. Pour over the mirin and soy sauce and stir-fry for a few minutes.
- Add the noodles and cilantro stalks and toss together.
- Spoon into serving bowls, fan the duck pieces over the top and sprinkle over the cilantro leaves.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Manchester, UK with my fiance and young son. I work at the local hospital in pediatrics and love my job. I also love cooking!! I have a sweet tooth but try and make healthy family meals, I'm not against some lovely treats now and then though :)