- Ready In:
- 1hr 4mins
- 36 ounces halibut fillets (6, 6oz fillets)
- 1⁄4 cup shallot, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh
- 1 sprig fresh thyme leave
- 1 sprig fresh oregano
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, fresh
- 1 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Mix together vinegar, lemon juice, shallots and garlic.
- Let stand for 30 minutes before continuing.
- Finely chop herbs and mix with garlic and shallots and vinegar mixture.
- Whisk in chipotle and extra virgin olive oil.
- Your Chimichurri should be thick and sauce-like with a good amount of acidic and highly seasoned, flavor.
- Marinade the halibut in the chimichuri for at least 30 minutes then discard sauce.
- grill the halibut fillets for 2-3 minutes per side.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Since becoming a member several years ago I've switched my focus, and have become a health coach as well as a chef. Therefore, you will be seeing more healthy options coming in the future. Stay tuned to my BLOG for updates as they develop. (http://chefcallahan.com) and (https://www.facebook.com/groups/HealthyMeAndYou/) Chef of the Day March 19, 2010 Contact me if you need ServSafe Manager Training!</p>