Chilli Tomato Prawns and Scallops
From the Woman's Day magazine. Suggested you serve with steamed rice and top with rocket. Time does not allow for peeling prawns. Tips given - 1. Use chilli sauce to taste in place of chilli. 2. Omit scallops and use 500 grams prawns. 3. Serve with crusty bread. The original recipe included 100 grams feta cheese which was crumbled and added at the end. The weight of prawns is flesh weight, if buying whole to peel you would need 450 to 500 grams.
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed or mince)
- 400 g diced tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 red chile (small, finely chopped deseed if desired)
- 300 g prawns (raw peeled, deveined, tails intact, I usually remove tail)
- 200 g scallops (cleaned and halved)
- 3 spring onions (scallions, sliced)
- Heat oil in a large frying pan on medium. Saute onion and garlic for 2 to 3 minutes, until onion is tender.
- Blend in tomatoes, wine and chilli and season to taste. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in prawns, scallops and spring onions, simmer for 3 to 5 minutes until prawns change colour and are tender.
- Season to taste.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
If you like scallops and prawns, you will really enjoy this recipe! I used the smaller scallops so I didn't have to cut them in half. The directions are very good and I added some salt and pepper because it just needed a bit more seasoning. As you mentioned in the description, I topped it with a bit of feta. Made for Went To The Market tag game. Thanks I'mPat! :)Reply
A nice, light and healthy all in one dish dinner for us this evening. I used 1 T of chili sauce as recommended since I didn't have a chili. Found this to be a bit bland, so I added 2 T of Hoisin Sauce, 1 t grated fresh ginger and some oriental spiced garlic powder. I did serve with the rocket and feta. Made for MAKE MY RECIPE. Thanks, Pat.Reply