Chilled Lettuce Buttermilk Soup
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 head lettuce, rinsed and dried and chopped into thin strips (I used romaine)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups fat free half-and-half
- 1 cup sweet peas, pureed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- chopped fresh dill (to garnish)
- Pour buttermilk and half-and-half into large bowl or saucepan.
- In a heavy-bottomed skillet over medium heat, melt 3 tablespoons of the butter. Add onion, increase heat to medium-high and sauté until softened.
- Add garlic, stirring, and then lettuce strips. Sauté for about three minutes, stirring occasionally, until lettuce is wilted.
- Stir lettuce strips, parsley, dill and pea puree into buttermilk mixture, then blend with an immersion blender.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Chill at least three hours or overnight.
- To serve, ladle into soup bowls and sprinkle with dill.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!