Easy Lettuce Soup
We made this when our garden overflowed with lettuce and were suprised at how good this was. Don't laugh... I think this recipe was from Richard Simmons (though I do think he's super nice!)
- Ready In:
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 heads finely chopped lettuce
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups broth (vegetable or chicken)
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 dash nutmeg
- Cook onion in butter till soft.
- Add lettuce, then flour, then broth.
- Boil 1 minute, stirring.
- Pour in blender and add milk, salt& pepper, nutmeg, and paprika.
- Blend for a minute, then return to pot and reheat.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Sorry, found it lacking in flavor. I added grated carrots, scallions, chopped parsely & a garlic clove to the onion saute and sour cream as a topping, but found the taste lacking. We thought maybe adding some turkey kielbasa at the end might add some flavor. Used skim milk to cut down the fat, was that the problem??Reply
see 4 more