Cheesy Scrambled Eggs . . . Low Fat, Low Chol, Low Sugar
This is an easy recipe for the beginner chef. Although it has more than 2 steps, this is rather quick, easy, and delicious.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute or 2 eggs
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- 1 pinch pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fat free sharp cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 1 dash non-fat cooking spray, about one 3-second spray
- 1 teaspoon fat-free margarine
- 2 slices sugar-free whole wheat bread, toasted
- Preheat a 6-8" skillet over medium heat, remove from heat source and spray with cooking spray and return to heat.
- Crack or measure eggs and deposit into bowl with high sides, add salt and pepper, beat eggs with fork or whisk until well blended.
- Pour egg mixture into heated skillet and stir slowly until egg begins to follow cooking utensil around the pan. I use a nylon spoon, but you can use an egg turner [commonly, but erroneously referred to as a "spatula"], etc.
- Add the cheese and stir to evenly distribute the cheese as it melts. Stirring slowly, cook until eggs are no longer runny and are light and fluffy. Three to four minutes total should do it. Remove to plate and serve with lightly buttered toast.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I doubled this for 2 of us and the DM and I enjoyed though we only had one slice of wholemeal/wholegrain toast each (buttered but then the DH says I don't butter my toast I just waft the butter of it), also though we get low fat cheese here in Australia I have never seen fat free though that said I don't think I would bother with them as they taste terrible so I used a grated mozzarella and the DM and I thoroughly enjoyed, thank you Pagan, made for ZAAR Chef Alphabet Soup tag game.