Cheesy Sausage Crescent Roll
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a recipe I got from my sister who said that EVERY time she had taken it somewhere, it disappeared quickly, people raved and wanted the recipe--and I found it to be the case as well. It's a winner in my book!
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces crescent rolls
- 16 ounces Bob Evans sausage
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poppy seed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown sausage and drain.
- Add cream cheese and stir until melted and mixed thoroughly. Set aside.
- On cookie sheet roll out package of crescent rolls as one rectangular piece--pinch perforations closed.
- Spread sausage/cheese mixture onto crescent roll 1" from the sides.
- Starting at one end, roll up.
- Pinch ends closed.
- Move roll to center of cookie sheet using two spatulas placed under ends to avoid breaking the roll apart.
- Beat egg and brush over entire roll. Wipe any excess thoroughly from cookie sheet to avoid crusting at the bottom of the roll.
- Sprinkle poppy seed over the top of roll.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Before serving let set for 30 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
i had this a few weeks ago at our weekly idea of a "supper club" .. it was a pancake dinner, that night, with this on the side. WOW. i'll tell you what. there were (only) four of us, and this produced NO leftovers. i believe the sausage used in ours was local (neese's sausage), but otherwise, to the tee. it was DELICIOUS. i'd been searching the site for the recipe, and i'm glad i've found it!Reply
These were a big hit with our Florida vacation group. I wasn't able to use egg or poppy seeds (didn't have them). They browned up nicely and everyone loved them. They couldn't believe they were just cream chesse and sausage. I used RB Rices mild sauage with great results. I will be making these again this weekend for a birthday party. I cooked the sausage in advance, then it is really quick to take somewhere to put it together. Thanks for such a delicious, quick appetizer.Reply
This is a great easy recipe. I made it last night for a party and everyone raved. I used turkey italian sausage, both sweet and hot from "the Turkey store" 5 sausages total. I also used 2 new "recipe creations" cresent roll tubes..it's great because they aren't divided just one sheet...I pinched them together put the sausage and cheese mix in the middle then just folded over the sides ...followed the recipe and it turned out great-tasting and a beautiful presentation! Thanks for a great recipe.Reply
see 4 more