Cheese Board “Cinnamon” Rolls
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 45mins
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, plus 1 beaten for egg wash
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons chopped rosemary, divided
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 (2 1/4 teaspoon) package active dry yeast
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for the counter
- 2 -4 tablespoons olive oil, for coating bowl and baking dish
- 1 3⁄4 cups fig jam, plus 1 cup for topping
- 12 ounces brie cheese (cut into 1/2-inch slices)
- 8 ounces thinly sliced salami
- 1⁄4 cup hot honey, plus more for topping
- 1⁄2 cup chopped marcona almonds, plus more whole for platter
- 1 cup olive, for platter
- 1 bunch grapes, for platter
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, whisk to combine milk, melted butter, eggs, egg yolk, sugar, 1 teaspoon chopped rosemary, salt, black pepper and yeast. Add the flour and place on a mixer with dough hook attached. Mix on low for about 5 minutes until dough is smooth and elastic.
- Coat a large bowl lightly with olive oil. Transfer dough to bowl, cover with plastic wrap and place in a warm draft-free place to rise until doubled, about 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 13x9 inch baking pan with olive oil. Dust counter liberally with flour and roll dough out into a large rectangle, about 16x12. The longest edge should be parallel with the edge of the counter. Spread the fig jam over the dough, then top with brie cheese and salami. Drizzle with 1/4 cup hot honey, and sprinkle over 1/2 cup chopped almonds, then roll the dough into a tight cylinder.
- Cut the dough into twelve 1 1/2-inch rounds and place them side by side, cut side down, in prepared baking dish. Cover and let rise for 45 minutes.
- Uncover, brush with egg wash and sprinkle with remaining 1 teaspoon chopped rosemary. Bake rolls until golden and cooked through, 30-35 minutes.
- To serve, spread 1 cup fig jam over rolls, drizzle with hot honey and sprinkle over chopped almonds. Serve rolls with olives, almonds and grapes on the side.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!