Pepperoni and Cheese Rolls (Made With Pizza Dough)
photo by Elaine92
- Ready In:
- 1 lb prepared pizza dough
- olive oil
- 8 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (1/2 cup, or to taste)
- black pepper
- 4 ounces sliced pepperoni (might use more)
- 15 slices mozzarella cheese
- 2⁄3 cup purchased roasted red pepper (rinsed and chopped)
- salt (optional)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Set oven to 400 degrees (set oven rack to second-lowest position).
- Prepare a large lightly greased baking sheet.
- Slice the pizza dough into 4 even pieces.
- Roll out 1 piece into a 10-inch round on a lightly-floured surface, then brush the top of the dough with a small amount of olive oil.
- Sprinkle about 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese over the dough, then black pepper to taste.
- Arrange one-fourth (in one even layer) of the pepperoni slices, mozzeralla cheese slices and then the roasted red bell peppers.
- Sprinkle salt and black pepper over the peppers if desired.
- Roll up the dough round, then tuck ends under and pinch to seal.
- Prepare the three remaining rolls in the same manner.
- Arrange on a baking sheet.
- Brush lightly with egg, then if desired sprinkle lightly with kosher salt.
- Cut three (1/2-inch) slits into the top of the dough to allow steam to escape.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
A must have!! Very simple to make but make sure and not over fill. My first "roll" I made had to hit the trash (I overfilled and it never made it to the "oven stage", but the others were delish!!! I added oregano and garlic powder, as well as some sauted purple onions. (Hint: if you are having trouble keeping the dough (I used pillsbury) closed, use toothpicks)
Wonderful recipe and super easy! i used Great Value pizza dough and rolled it out a bit on a floured surface first and then rolled up it as a whole and baked it for 30 minutes. I cut it after it came out of the oven. The beauty of this recipe, like others mentioned, is that you can add whatever ingredients you like. I added an Italian Seasoning blend.
I made this for the boys tonight for supper and they loved it! I used Pilsbury canned pizza dough. The only thing I changed, to make it "kid friendly" at our house, was to omit the roasted red peppers and add 1-2 T. of spaghetti sauce to each individual pizza roll. I also used turkey pepperoni. What a hit! Thanks, Kitten.