Very elegant, and very easy! It's a family favorite for special occasions and even when it's not special occasion, this recipe makes any occasion special!
- Ready In:
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- ground pepper, as you like
- 1⁄4 cup butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup shallot, diced
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 3⁄4 cup champagne
- 1 1⁄4 cups heavy cream
- chives, chopped
- Pound chicken breasts to even thickness. Sprinkle with 1/2T lemon juice and pepper to your liking.
- Melt 2T butter and olive oil. Saute chicken. About 2 minute on each side until nicely browned. Remove from pan.
- In the same pan, melt 2T butter and saute shallots until translucent. Add garlic, scraping up brown bits from bottom of pan.
- Pur in chicken stock, champagne and remainder lemon juice. Bring to a boil and reduce to thin glaze. Add cream and boil for 6 minute until thick.
- Return chicken to pan and heat through. Sprinkle with chopped chives.
- Serve with white rice, wild rice or spinach fettecini.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation