Candy Corn and Peanut-Topped Brownies
- Ready In:
- fudge brownie mix
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups frosted mini Chex cereal
- 1 1⁄2 cups salted peanuts
- 1 cup candy corn
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease bottom only of a 13" x 9" baking pan. Or line the pan with aluminum foil which will facilitate removal.
- In a medium bowl, combine brownie mix, oil, water and eggs; stir until well-blended. Spread in bottom of prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 28-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out almost clean.
- Remove pan from oven. Immediately sprinkle marshmallows evenly over warm base Return to oven; bake an additional 1-2 minutes or until marshmallows just begin to puff. Cool while preparing topping.
- In a large saucepan, combine brown sugar and corn syrup; blend well. Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil, stirring constantly. remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter until well blended.
- Add cereal, peanuts and candy corn; mix well. Immediately spoon warm topping over marshmallows; spread to cover. Cool 1 hour 15 minutes or until completely cooled. Cut into bars.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!