Candy Corn and Peanut Cookies
photo by JennT
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups sifted flour (140g)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1⁄2 - 3⁄4 cup candy corn
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Cream together butter, peanut butter and both sugars with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix until fully incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture stirring until blended. Stir in peanuts.
- Form 1 inch balls of dough, inserting one or two candy corns into the center. Make sure dough completely covers the candy on all sides. Place on baking sheet and slightly flatten.
- Bake 13 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately press a few candy corns into the top of each cookie. Let cool several minutes (baking sheet should be cool enough to touch). Carefully transfer cookies to wire rack to cool completely.
- Have a Happy Halloween!
Great recipe! The minute I saw this recipe and the wonderful picture, I knew I had to give them a try. As expected, they were great. I followed the directions and I think I might use "crunchy peanut butter" next time to give them a little more crunch. Everyone loved them I'll make them again next year. Thanks for posting!