Pizza Dough Calzones
Basic Calzones the kids love. Use your imagination, change filling to your liking, easy for frige cleanout, use whatever you have around. From B H & G
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green sweet pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (, 2 oz)
- 1⁄3 cup pizza sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) package prepared pizza crust
- 1 tablespoon milk
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- pizza sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cook ground beef, mushrooms, and green pepper in a medium frypan till meat is no longer pink, drain.
- Stir in the mozzarella cheese and the 1/3 cup pizza sauce.
- Unroll pizza dough.
- Roll or stretch dough into a 10 x 15 inch rectangle.
- Cut dough into 6- 5 inch squares.
- Spoon some of the meat mixture onto one-half of each square.
- Brush dough edges with water.
- Lift a corner and stretch dough over meat mixture to opposite corner.
- Seal the edges by pressing with the tines of a fork.
- Place calzones on a greased baking sheet.
- Prick tops with a fork to allow steam to escape.
- Brush with the milk.
- If desired, sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes or till golden brown.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- If desired, serve with warmed pizza sauce.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Very good! I basically followed the recipe, adding in some diced pepperoni & minced onions, and leaving out the green peppers. Next time I might add some seasonings to the crust, or maybe use homemade, as it was a bit bland- but that obviously will depend on what brand of premade crust you buy. I didn't think the baking time seemed long enough, but it actually was- mine were done in nine minutes. Three adults and one preschooler all enjoyed these- thanks for sharing!1Reply
see 2 more