- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- Heat your oven to 400degreesF Line 2 flat baking sheets and a deep baking tray with baking parchment.
- Place the caster sugar in the deep baking tray in the oven for 7 minutes.
- Place the egg whites in a stand mixer on the slowest speed and start whisking. Gradually increase the speed until soft peaks form and the sugar is ready. Take the sugar out of the oven-it should be hot but not caramelized. Turn the temperature down to 200°F.
- Slowly add the sugar to your eggs with the mixer on full speed, one spoon at a time. Be careful not to add the sugar too quickly or your eggs will deflate.
- Once all the sugar has been added, keep the mixer going for a minute longer until the mixture looks thick and glossy. A good way to check if it is done is to dip the whisk into the mix to see if it creates a peak once pulled out.
- Divide the mixture between 4 bowls and carefully fold in the powdered food color.
- Scoop the mixture into 4 piping bags fitted with round and star nozzles. Pipe your monsters onto the baking sheets and add sprinkles.
- Bake for 1 hour until the meringue comes away from the baking parchment clean and the base is firm.
- Leave to cool.
- Stick on the eyes with a dot of icing.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!