Calabacitas Con Chiles Verdes
- Ready In:
- 4 -6 fresh roasted green chilies, chopped or 1 cup chopped frozen green chili, thawed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon bacon grease or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, cubed
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 1⁄3 cup cream or 1/3 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 dash salt and pepper
- Saute the onion and garlic in the bacon grease or oil until translucent.
- Add the chiles, zucchini, and corn.
- Simmer until the squash is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Add the cream.
- Raise heat until cream starts to boil.
- Cook until vegetables are hot and the sauce is slightly thickened.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with cheddar, and serve.
- Note for A Vegetarian or meatless option use the oil.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!