Caesar Salad - Classic
photo by Katanashrp
- Ready In:
- 1 head romaine lettuce (broken into pieces)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, infused with
- 2 -3 mashed garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste (or mashed fillets)
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 coddled egg (boiled for 1 min)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups breadcrumbs, toasted in a garlic and olive oil and butter mixture
- 1⁄3 cup freshly ground parmesan cheese
- Mix olive oil and garlic, Worcestershire, mustard, anchovy, Tabasco, pepper and lemon juice.
- Mix well into Romaine.
- Add croutons (breadcrumbs).
- Break, and mix in coddled egg.
- Mix in parmesan.
- Add more pepper to taste.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!