Buttermilk Baked Tomatoes
Tasty baked tomatoes that I often make in the summer when I am dieting. Only 1 WW point for a whole tomato! I found recipe years ago in The Calculating Cook, a gourment cookbook for diabetics and dieters.
- Ready In:
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese or 1/4 cup romano cheese, grated
- fresh ground black pepper
- Cut tomatoes in half, seed, and place cut side up in broiler safe baking dish.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of buttermilk into each tomato half then sprinkle top of each with cheese, salt and pepper.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes; then place under broiler until lightly browned.
- You may add oregano, basil, tarragon, garlic, or rosemary for a flavor change.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 30 more