Brown Sugar Cookies (German)
I found this recipe at www.fooddownunder.com and made these cookies for my family's annual Oktoberfest 2008. They were a big hit. They turned out soft and moist and tasted like a spice cookie with a hint of orange flavor.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon orange rind, grated
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream together sugar and shortening until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, milk and orange rind.
- Stir together baking powder, spices, salt and flour; mix into sugar mixture.
- Stir in raisins and nuts (optional).
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until done.
- Remove from baking sheets to wire rack and cool.
- Store in airtight tins.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION