- Ready In:
- 8 slices whole wheat bread or 8 slices white bread
- 8 slices lean baked ham
- 8 slices American cheese
- 8 slices swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon minced onion
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 - 2 cups corn flakes, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup melted margarine
- salt and pepper
- Layer in a large casserole dish sprayed with cooking spray 4 slices of bread, 4 slices of ham, 4 slices of each cheese.
- Mix eggs, milk, mustard, and onion and pour over layers.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning cover with corn flakes and drizzle melted margarine over.
- Bake at 350 for 30 to 40 minutes uncovered.
- Prep time does not include overnight time.
Join The Conversation
Wasn't the biggest fan of the bread tasting mushy, and my kids didn't seem to enjoy it so much either. However, I didn't have enough bread to use, so for one side of the dish, I used those Orowheat sandwich thins, thinking this would also help with calorie count. I liked this much better as it stayed a little firmer. Also didn't use the melted butter on the cornflakes, didn't miss it as the seasonings were spot on. Thanks for a great base recipe, but as written, didn't enjoy it too much.