Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins (Low Sugar)
photo by VickiVSN
- Ready In:
- 1 2⁄3 cups oatmeal
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup prune baby food (or prune puree or other fat replacement product)
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Put oatmeal into a food processor to process until resembles course meal.
- Mix all dry ingredients together well with wire whisk.
- Make a well in center of dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl mix well buttermilk, prune baby food, lemon zest, and egg substitute.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients stirring slowly until just combined.
- Mix blueberries and 2 tbs flour together to coat blueberries.
- Carefully fold blueberries into batter.
- Spoon batter into a prepared muffin tin (cooking spray or muffin paper).
- Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes or until cooked.
- Let cool on wire rack.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Just made these. Didn't have buttermilk so I used fat free half and half, fat free greek yogurt and a dash more of lemon juice. Didn't have prune puree either so I just threw in a little more yogurt. I took them out of the oven and my husband inhaled two and I KNOW he wants to go back for a third. We are both on weight watchers and these are 3 pts apiece. Absolutely delicious and so healthy! Thanks so much for this recipe, I will be making them again and again, next time I'll do apples or blackberries and use the prune puree or applesauce.