Low-Fat Oatmeal Muffins
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1 cup rolled oats (old fashioned oatmeal)
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Soak oats in milk for 1 hour.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Spoon into a muffin pan that has been lightly greased or sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Bake at 400 F for 20-25 minutes.
- Variations: To make Oatmeal Raisin Muffins, Oatmeal Apple Muffins, or Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins, add raisins/chopped apples/chocolate chips to the batter.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
wow.. im unually not impressed with many baking recipes. this was easy. i tweaked it a bit 2nd time. i used almond milk, half protein powder and half wheat flour. and a dash of cinnamon, nutmeg, smidge of clove and a 1/2 teaspoon of real vanilla. put a crumble on top as well. great base recipe that you can change to desired flavor. i think ill try blueberry and lemon zest next! ohh.. and with a convection oven the dozen came out perfect at 16 minutes for me!