photo by Francesca M.
- Ready In:
- Coat both sides of thawed chicken with butter. Reserve.
- Combine all seasonings in a shallow bowl.
- Coat both sides of chicken.
- Heat a heavy duty skillet until very hot, about 10 minutes.
- Add butter to grease the bottom.
- Sauté chicken over high heat for 5-7 minutes on each side.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
great recipe for the spice blend... but wow, one CUP of butter?! seriously?! (SERIOUSLY?!) I substituted this with a generous drizzle of olive oil. I put the chicken in a bowl, added the olive oil and the juice of half a lime, tossed things around, then added the spice blend (mixed separately- added 1 tsp sugar to help it caramelize). I rubbed it into the chicken, covered it, and marinated for ~1 hour. ... then I threw them onto the barbecue. turned out beautifully with a lot less fat than the initial recipe would have had.
Yum!!! This was really good... I did make some changes though. I put the chicken and spices in a plastic baggy, shook it around, and stuck it in the skillet with some EVOO. I browned the chicken in the skillet, then finished off the cooking in the oven. Eliminated the smokiness and it was easy to take out of the oven and serve!