One of my favorites from Mr. Food. Very simple and delicious.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup chopped sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained with 2 tablespoons oil reserved
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (6 ounce) catfish fillets
- salt and pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) package fresh spinach, cleaned
- Heat 2 tablespoons reserved oil in a large skillet, over medium heat.
- Saute garlic for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden.
- Sprinkle both sides of the fish with salt and pepper.
- Place fish in the skillet; cover, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Add the spinach and sun-dried tomatoes to the skillet.
- Cover and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until spinach is wilted but still bright green.
- Place the spinach on a serving plate; top with fish fillets.
- Drizzle pan drippings on top and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
My boyfriend wanted some catfish, and this recipe seemed simple enough, while using yummy ingredients. What a success- he raved about the appearance and taste for hours! To top it all off, this recipe seems much healthier than the other catfish recipes out there! **I've been cooking this for 5 years now- I'm now married to said boyfriend, and I make the recipe from heart now- but I wanted to suggest a few changes- 1. I brush some of the sundried tomato oil on the fish, rather than just in the the pan. 2. I sprinkle a seasoning salt rather than salt and pepper. 3. I don't cover the catfish anymore- I like to get them a little brown by leaving it uncovered on high heat 1-2 minutes. 4. I cover the catfish with the spinach-tomato mixture, like the pictures show.