Beef Pot Pie
Stick to your ribs beef pot pie.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 2 frozen deep dish pie shell (homemade or store bought)
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 -3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup mixed frozen vegetables
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1⁄2 lb cubed beef
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup cream or 1/2 cup milk, which ever you prefer
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Cook Beef in 1 tablespoon of butter and set aside.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add the onion, celery, carrots, parsley, oregano, and salt and pepper.
- Cook and stir until the vegetables are soft.
- Stir in the broth.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Stir in the potatoes, and cook until tender but still firm.
- In a medium saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter.
- Stir in the beef & flour.
- Add the milk, and heat through.
- Add the Beef mixture into the vegetable mixture, and cook until thickened.
- Cool slightly, then pour mixture into 1 unbaked pie shell.
- Cover with remaining crust.
- Flute edges, and make 4 slits in the top crust to let out steam.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F (175°C), and continue baking for 20 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation