Banana Walnut [vegan!] Yummy Pancakes
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups soymilk
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 medium bananas, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Sift together first 5 (dry) ingredients.
- In a separate bowl combine soy milk and vinegar. let sit for five minutes.
- Mix bananas and other wet ingredients until pretty smooth. Poor wet into dry -- but don't overmix! Fold in the walnuts.
- Brush a large nonstick skillet with canola oil and heat over moderate heat.
- Pour about 1/4 cup batter per pancake into hot skillet and cook until bubbles appear on surface and undersides are golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes. [You should get nine pancakes, allow three per serving].
- Flip pancakes with a spatula till cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Transfer to a large plate and loosely cover with foil to keep warm.
- Serve with sliced bananas and maple syrup.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
We were on a waffle Kick this weekend so for lunch I make these as our desert waffle. I am not a Vegan so I used milk. After making the first one I decided to add two tablespoons of sugar, because it seems to add the right amount of sweetness, makes the crust a little crisper as well. We ate them as little snack cakes, they taste so good, like banana bread in a waffle. Because I didnâ€™t have any walnuts and I ran out of vanilla this weekend I added black walnut extract, all there is left to say is yum. Thanks for the recipe.Reply
These tasted so good! The whole family ate them up in about 5 minutes! The only thing I did different was add a little applesauce (1 cup soymilk and 1/2 cup applesauce) to the mixture and turn the walnuts into a walnut meal with my food processor. Turned out perfect. Thanks, we will make this again soon.Reply
see 2 more