Banana Cream Pie Trifle
- Ready In:
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts (optional)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant banana pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 6 medium bananas
- 4 4 cups nutri whip non-dairy whipped topping or 4 cups Cool Whip
- In a bowl, mix together flour and sugar.
- Cut in butter until crumbly (Stir in peanuts if using).
- Press mixture into a 9 inch square baking dish and Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden.
- Stir to break up into crumbs and cool completely.
- Prepare pudding as directed using the 2 cups milk.
- In a glass bowl, sprinkle half of the cooled crumbs on the bottom.
- Top with half of the pudding, half of the bananas, and half of the whip cream.
- Repeat layers.
- Cover and refridgerate for 4 hours.
Join The Conversation
This trifle recipe got some rave reviews at our house tonight Pamela!<br/>I made it with the cooked pudding mix as that is what was in the pantry. I also used the peanuts and threw a few chopped almonds in too. We will definitely be making this again and I am adding it to my "favourite" desserts book. It doesn't get much easier than this, thank you!