Banana Bran Soy Muffins
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
These are very moist and good-don't let the soy or bran scare you off! I had the neighborhood kids eat a whole batch in one day.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup wheat bran
- 1 cup of mashed ripe banana
- 2⁄3 cup vanilla-flavored soymilk or 2/3 cup plain soymilk
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons prune baby food or 2 tablespoons prune butter
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup soy flour
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Add brown sugar, baby food, and egg-stir well.
- Combine flours and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl and make a well in the center of the mixture.
- Add the bran mixture to the four mixture.
- Stir until just moist.
- Spray 12 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Spoon batter evenly into the 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until done.
- Remove muffins immediately from the pan and cool on wire rack.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Good hearty muffin, not very sweet, with no added fat. Nice with a cup of coffee. I used vanilla soy milk and would probably double the brown sugar for our tastes. Instead of all-purpose flour, I use half unbleached all-purpose and half white whole wheat. Would check at 15 minutes to make sure they're not overcooked. Thanks for sharing your recipe!Reply